Education-Mandatory Code of Ethics
For Ethics requirements: NAR is now in the first year of the 2017-2018 period. Every agent must take an Ethics course within this timeframe. All previous ethics courses taken and applied to the previous 2013-2016 cycle will not fulfill this requirement.
Any of the following courses will count towards the NAR requirements:
- The free, no credit Biennial Ethics online at NAR – WWW.REALTOR.ORG
- The GRI Ethics course
- The 4 hour NAR Required Ethics offered in a classroom
- The online class at vaned.com – either 4 hour NAR Required Ethics or 6 hour GRI Ethics
- The Professional Standards Training Course (Enforcement of the Code of Ethics)
- USPAP course – for those who are required to take this course for your dual licenses.
These Ethics course certificates are the only certificates that need to be sent to PPAR. These certificates are kept on file for NAR. While an Ethics course is not required for license renewal by the Colorado Division of Real Estate, if an agent accrues CE credits for one of the above listed courses, they may use the hours toward elective credits needed for license renewal, provided the course was taken in their licensing period. If class is taken online or at another entity besides PPAR, please send a copy to Verna – email@example.com
Q. Is the REALTOR® Code of Ethics available in print?
A. Yes. You can access the current NAR Code of Ethics HERE.