PPAR's Leaderhip Academy was one of the very first in the nation in our industry! The goal is to develop quality REALTORS® equipped with the skills and knowledge to become leaders across the real estate industry who can help impact communities and even politicians in a positive way.
PPAR and the Real Estate Industry are in need of people full of integrity and wisdom who can help the organization innovate in new ways in order to help our industry move forward into our second century. Academy Nominees should demonstrate both qualities of leadership and a willingness to learn new skills and ways of looking at situations. Students will be given opportunity to apply the skills they learn in various PPAR settings. A majority of Leadership Academy Graduates have served PPAR as Board of Directors of both PPAR and RSC and have gone on to serve at State and National levels. To begin the process of enrolling in the PPAR Leadership Academy, contact any PPAR Director, CEO Amy Reid (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Education Coordinator Verna Dugan (email@example.com). Space is limited to 25 students per year.
The Leadership Academy classes conducted between January through June of each year. Most sessions are required while others are optional -but highly recommended.
- Kickoff Reception – Your opportunity to learn about this progressive program and what your commitment expectations are.
- PPAR Organization – This will give you an overview of PPAR and RSC, including the finance of both.
- IREM Economic Forecast Breakfast – an economic forecast for the Pikes Peak region given by industry leaders predicting their economic predictions for the coming year.
- Two Strategic Planning Meetings -This forecast meeting addresses changes in the real estate market. Participants are given the opportunity to participate in writing the next two year Strategic Plan for PPAR.
- Conflict Resolution – This classes discusses scenarios of situations that arise for leadership and present proposed solutions
- Enforcement of the Code of Ethics-learn the basic and practical aspects of the REALTOR® Professional Standards program, grievance procedures and ethics/arbitration proceedings.
- Two Board of Director Meetings-You get the opportunity to observe and participate in both PPAR and RSC Board of Director Meetings to gain perspective on how official business is conducted at the Board of Director level.
- CARVAN - You will travel to Pueblo for a session with members of the both the Pueblo and State Associations.
- **REALTOR® Day at the Capitol – Be a part of the team of members who travel to Denver to meet with legislators and discuss issues affecting the real estate industry
- YOUR CHOICE: Choose between one of two optional classes listed below:
- **REALTOR® Rally-attend a day filled with education sessions and an incredible tradeshow. May attend this instead of REALTOR® Day at the Capitol
- PPAR Day at the Legislature – optional session but strongly suggested attendance if held.
Leadership Academy Details
Cost for PPAR Members
The investment of $100 includes all meetings, breakfasts, dinners and transportation to and from some of the sessions. Excluded is $30 fee for the Enforcement of the Code of Ethics class.
Letter of Commitment
Each student must sign a Letter of Commitment at the first session.
Tracking and Certification
PPAR tracks each session taken by students. After successful completion of all required courses, Leadership Academy Graduates are recognized at the yearly Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast meeting and receives a certificate of completion.
Past Leadership Academy Graduates
Class of 2015
Class of 2014
Class of 2013
Class of 2012
Jerry R. Clark
Class of 2011
Dawn Brooks White
Class of 2010
Class of 2009
Class of 2008
Class of 2007
Class of 2006
Class of 2005
Class of 2004
Lisa Malnate Jonesr
Class of 2003
Class of 2002
Class of 2001
Class of 2000
Class of 1999